THE ART

 I drew these drawings of John the Baptist with pencil and did some gray-scale digital painting. I did more digital painting in pages 3 and 4.  I always prefer the simplicity of the black and white.  So I doubt I will paint it in color.  The words of the sequential art are taken from the Gospels.  Included here are recent observations about what I see around me and these things were my inspiration for the artwork.  The sad state of the world shows me how we need a savior.  We need a savior to cover our sins, heal us, and make us worthy to be with a holy God.  The story of John the Baptist is not the beginning.  The beginning is in Genesis, the time of our creation and our falling away from God.  John the Baptist announced that it is time to receive God and God's plan to restore humanity.  

In the sequential art, the only person you see directly is John.  When he preaches to the people, you see their shadows.  And, you see the many footprints of the people in the mud.  This shows that he had previously baptized many people and they left the scene.  You also see the shadows of the old covenant officials.  This is symbolic of how the old covenant is to be a shadow of the new.  John washing his robe in the river is symbolic of baptism.  He only wears a loin cloth.  He is physically exposed, just as he exposes himself with his words by revealing to the officials that he is nothing and Christ is the light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment